I love New Year! I enjoy reflecting on the outgoing year as I dream of what I want to accomplish for the incoming year. Most people I know make New Year Resolutions and they seem to be focus on a negative aspect of yourself. I like to create New Years Aspirations and have them focus on making myself a better person.
Among my Aspirations this year are the following:
- Run my first marathon
- Run 1,200 miles this year
- Half Marathon PR – sub 2:02:38
- Try out trail running
During the 2nd half of last year, I began setting monthly goals to help keep me on track. I plan to do the same thing this year. My January goals mostly revolve around prepping for my marathon the 15th of the month:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink at least 64 oz water/day
- Foam roll like it’s my religion… daily
- Double up on yoga… 2x/week
- Clean up eating… cook own meals, limit junk food and sweets
What goals do you have for 2017? Do you make monthly goals?