How in the heck is it December already!?! It is amazing that it is the beginning of another new month. Time to reflect on my remaining goals for this year, my November goals and look forward to what I want to reach for in December.
Goal: Run 1,000 miles in 2016. I’m getting those miles in! I can’t believe I was worried about reaching that goal a little earlier in the year. Nobember was my highest mileage month so far with 124 miles… I only have 95 more miles to go!
Goal: Run 4 Half Marathons in 2016. I ran my 4th one this past weekend (look for recap later this week). I am signed up to run a 5th Half Marathon in December, the Santa Hustle in Galveston, so I will exceed this goal. Complete
Goal: Register for and start training for the 2017 Houston Marathon. I’m registered, and I have started training… training is going well. Complete.
- Make sleep a priority. Get to bed no later than 10pm. – B- … I did pretty good at this one, while I still had a few nights where I logged 5 hours. My sleep pattern got messed up a bit over the holiday, but mostly we got about 7 hours in.
- Yoga – get in a practice at least 1x/week – buy a class pass to get some “skin in the game” – C- … I got 2 yoga practices in and bought a class pass (which I haven’t used yet).
- Get the house “company ready” for my Thanksgiving guests – B- … The house was pretty much “company ready”, although I would have liked to have it a little cleaner, but when my sis told me she’s seen dust before, and seeing me was the most important, that really let the pressure off.
I’m not setting a ton of goals for myself this month. I need to focus on my final full month of marathon training and getting through the holidays (without becoming a Grinch).
- Yoga – get in a practice at least 1x/week – use that class pass.
- Get eating back on track. I’ve been letting my eating habits slip up too much – eat minimally processed whole foods the majority of the time.
How are you doing on your 2016 goals? Do you make monthly goals?