May has left us in her dust… it’s time to take a look at how I am progressing against my 2017 goals and how I did on my May goals. I’m also setting a few goals for June.
At the beginning of the year, I set some goals to work on throughout the year.
- Run my first marathon – Complete – check out the recap here.
- Run 1,200 miles this year – making progress. I am up to 407 miles for 2017.
- Try out trail running- Complete – ran a trail half marathon in March – check out the recap here, and ran a 25k trail race in April – recap here.
- Half Marathon PR – sub 2:02:38 – I may table this one to next year. Since I added Chicago Marathon in October and have Houston Marathon in January it doesn’t give me a much time for racing a half.
- 30 burpees for 15 days challenge – A+, completed the full challenge.
- Focus on recovery – foam rolling and stretching – B-, most of the month I focus on rolling after my runs, but I had a few where I just totally blew it off.
- Keep up fitness routine while on vacation – A+, I stayed on the burpee challenge each day AND got in some runs (3 total + 2 races) while I was gone.
I did not set any specific goals for running in May, however, I would give it a solid A. I had a total of 92 miles for the month, and had some good runs with my dogs. I ran 2 races, a half marathon and a 5k cross country race this month.
- Hit the gym at least 2x/week a week for strength training.
- Plank 2x/day .
- Start training for Chicago Marathon.
What goals do you have for 2017? Do you make monthly goals?