Seriously, it feels like June was just yesterday! As we near the end of June, I’m checking in with my progress against the goals I made at the beginning of 2017 and also looking at my monthly goals.
At the beginning of the year, I set some goals to work on throughout the year.
- Run my first marathon. Complete – check out the recap here.
- Run 1,200 miles this year. Making progress. I am up to 439 miles for 2017.
- Try out trail running. Nailed it! – ran a trail half marathon in March – check out the recap here, and ran a 25k trail race in April – recap here. I liked it so much I have 2 more on the schedule for July and September.
Half Marathon PR – sub 2:02:38.I’ve decided to table this one.
- Hit the gym at least 2x/week a week for strength training. C – I did not start going to the gym until the week of the 19th, since then I’m on track to make it 2x/week for strength/cross-training and have been a couple times to get some miles in when it was storming out.
- Plank 2x/day. B – I’ve kept up with my planking for the majority of the month, missing about 5 days total.
- Start training for Chicago Marathon. A – I’ve started!
Aside from the goal of beginning training for the Chicago Marathon, I did not set any specific goals for running in June. My mileage is significantly lower this month… I will likely round out the month with 42 miles. I’m ok with the lower mileage… coming out of May my legs were sore! I felt like I was hobbling along on many runs and popping advil regularly. I finally
stopped being hardheaded took a pause and listened to my body and decided that it was best to take some time off. The cutback week and the week off worked wonders – my legs feel great! I’m going to give June Running a B+.
- Continue with the momentum I started with cross/strength training 2x/week.
- Keep up planking 2x/day.
- Keep to training plan while on vacation… I planned it so I only have 2 easy runs to do while I’m on vacay, should be do-able.
What goals do you have for 2017? Do you make monthly goals?