This year is flying by at light speed! With July over and August beginning, I’m checking in with my progress against the goals I made at the beginning of 2017 and also looking at my monthly goals.
At the beginning of the year, I set some goals to work on throughout the year.
- Run my first marathon. Complete – check out the recap here.
- Run 1,200 miles this year. Making progress. I am up to 550 miles for 2017.
- Try out trail running. Nailed it! – ran a trail half marathon in March – check out the recap here, and ran a 25k trail race in April – recap here. I ran another trail race in July, I’ll get a recap of that one up soon. I have another one on the schedule for September.
Half Marathon PR – sub 2:02:38.I’ve decided to table this one.
- Continue with the momentum I started with cross/strength training 2x/week. – A – have been keeping up with this schedule.
- Keep up planking 2x/day. F- I totally forgot about planking I think I planked a total of 2 times.
- Keep to training plan while on vacation. A – I completed both scheduled training runs and did some cross-training.
I did not set any specific goals for running in July. My marathon training is on track and I had my first 100+ mile month this month. The majority of my runs have been done on a treadmill this month, mostly with the exception of my weekly long run. I ran a 21k trail race this month, I would give this month a solid A.
- Continue with the momentum I started with cross/strength training 2x/week.
- Plank 2x/day.
- Get into a yoga class at least 1x/week.
What goals do you have for 2017? Do you make monthly goals?