Happy Friday!!! Today I’m linking up with Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What for the Friday Five link up. Today’s topic is favorites. I am sharing my favorite breakfasts.
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a morning person. That being said, I have never been much of a breakfast person… takes too much effort for the morning. I have found that I do need to eat something in the morning, so I’m not totally starving by 10am. These are my 5 favorite breakfasts… they are quick and easy too!
- Avocado Toast. I like the sprouted whole wheat bread from Alvarado Street Bakery with half an avocado spread over 2 pieces sprinkled with fresh ground black pepper, pink Himalayan sea salt and crushed Aleppo chili pepper.
- Toast with Almond Butter and Berries. I use the same bread as above, spread some natural almond butter (the kind you grind yourself at the grocery store) and press some berries on top. I like a combination of raspberry and blackberry!
- Green Smoothie. My current favorites are the breakfast and dinner drinks from Dr. Oz 3-day Detox Cleanse.
- Overnight Oats. I’ve never been a fan of oatmeal… it is a texture thing, but I have found that steel cut oats aren’t that bad. Making 5 servings of overnight oats at the beginning of the week, means that you have 5 breakfasts ready to grab and go. My favorites are the Cookie Dough and the Almond Butter Chocolate from My Whole Food Life.
- Granola Bar and Banana. Who doesn’t have time to grab a granola bar and a banana on the way out the door? This one takes absolutely no time to prepare given you use pre-made bars. My current favorites are from Cascadian Farm… I like the Oats and Honey Crunchy Granola Bars and the Honey Roasted Nut Protein Chewy Bars.
Those are my go-tos for the first meal of the day. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Do you make time for breakfast? What are your favorites?