We can’t control the weather. Going into the weekend, Hurricane Patricia was bearing down on Mexico and had her sights set on the gulf coast.
Friday afternoon the folks organizing the Houston Half Marathon and 10k announced that they would make a go-no go decision on the race by 8pm Saturday. At 4pm on Saturday, the race was called. Instead of getting all bummed out about not being able to run, I quickly scouted out upcoming 10k races. Nothing looked very appealing, so I looked at training plans to see when I could run a half marathon. Seeing that I had exactly 16 weeks until the Houston Rhythm and Blues Half, I have set my next goal to run my 3rd half marathon on February 14… a Valentine’s day present to me!