With April in the rear-view mirror, it’s time to reflect on how I did against the goals I set for April and to look forward to May.
At the beginning of the year, I set some goals to work on throughout the year.
- Run my first marathon – Complete – check out the recap here.
- Run 1,200 miles this year – making progress. I am up to 314 miles for 2017.
- Try out trail running- Complete – ran a trail half marathon in March – check out the recap here, and ran a 25k trail race in April – recap here.
- Half Marathon PR – sub 2:02:38 – more on this later.
- Continue to make it to yoga – at least 1x/week – D, only made it 2x this month
- Arm workout 2x/week – A – got them in 8x this month.
- Start walking dogs on evenings I don’t run – F, totally forgot about this
- Clean up eating… no more candy from the office candy jar – A-, indulged on 2 occasions.
- Kitchen deep clean – F, procrastinated on this one… did manage to get the oven totally clean.
Although I did not set any goals for April Running, I would give it a solid A. I had a total of 91 miles for the month, and had some good runs with my dogs. I ran a half marathon and a 25k trail race this month. I also took a week off running to let my body recoup.
- 30 burpees for 15 days challenge
- Focus on recovery – foam rolling and stretching
- Keep up fitness routine while on vacation
What goals do you have for 2017? Do you make monthly goals?