Happy Friday!!! Today I’m linking up with Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What for the Friday Five link up. Today’s theme is favorites, I thought I would share with you my 5 favorite experiences from my recent trip to Colorado. There were loads of fun times and natural beauty. These are the 5 things that stuck in my mind.
- Soaking in the Hot Sulphur Springs – these are small pools filled with natural hot mineral filled water. It was so relaxing to go for a soak after a day spent camping. It was so quiet there, a nice respite from the tons of screaming kids that flooded the campsite.
- I love to dine out in Colorado… most places have a very good selection of vegetarian/vegan dishes. At Four Friends Kitchen in Denver I had a delightful breakfast of CRISPY TOFU GRITS (tofu battered in gluten-free flour and fried, coconut milk grits, butternut squash, diced heirloom tomatoes, sautéed kale, complimented with sweet pepper coulis). I have never been a fan of grits, but I thought I would give it another try and these were GREAT!
- Adams Falls – one of the things that I really wanted to do while in Colorado was go hiking. We found a nice hiking trail, and went for it. It was a beautiful trail with a nice waterfall at the top.
- Rocky Mountain National Park – we took Trail Ridge Road from outside of Grand Lake to Estes Park. This road crests at 12,183 feet. It has spectacular views… no shoulder and very few guardrails. We saw Elk, Moose, Deer… beautiful landscapes and nature.
- Voodoo Doughnuts – I had seen them on Travel Channel and read about them in several blogs. While I am not a doughnut fan, the hubs is… we just had to go check it out. With several varieties of vegan doughnuts, there was something for me to try… I went for the Bavarian crème filled, the hubs went for the maple bacon bar.