This weekend I will be running in the Run Like A Diva half marathon in Galveston, TX. This will be my 4th half marathon total, my 2nd since my 14 year running hiatus. I have come up with 5 goals for the upcoming race.
- Be confident … trust in your training … be positive … lose the nerves.
- Start out slow … aka don’t kill yourself at the beginning … aka race your own pace. This one is huge, too many times I’ve crashed and burned at a race by getting caught up in the excitement and going out way to fast at the start. I need to start out slow… reverse splits are my friend.
- Time goals … my basic goal is to finish better than my last half 2:22:13… with that in mind I have an A, B, and C goal. C goal – 2:21; B goal – 2:19, A goal – 2:17.
- Have fun … enjoy the day … get caught up in race day excitement and the frivolity of the event … don’t miss the tiara and boa station!
- Execute on fueling and hydration strategy used during training runs.