Happy Friday!!! Today I’m linking up with Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What for the Friday Five link up. Today’s theme is food. Since summer is upon us, Im sharing with you 5 foods I’m really loving this summer!
- Carrot Dogs – maybe I’m a little late to this party, but I finally made carrot dogs! I’m a fan. I used this recipe from Melissa over at My Whole Food Life. I really enjoyed them! They are a great option for cookouts!
- Broccoli + Goji Berry Antioxidant Salad from the folks over at Mind Body Green. I made this on the 4th, and even though I felt I had an epic fail at the dressing (it turned out chunky?) once I got it mixed in and mashed up with the broccoli, the salad is really really good!
- Strawberry Coconut Milk Pops from Alissa at Connoisseurus Veg. Ice cream bars are a refreshing part of summer… these are vegan! (No picture here… they were so good, I ate them all before I even thought about taking a picture!)
- Salads… piled high with all the veggies and this oil-free dressing.
- Smoothies for supper… I run at night and it is pretty late when I get home plus with the heat, I’m really not all that hungry. My latest fave is some vanilla protein powder, coconut water, a couple handfuls of spinach and a few handfuls of blueberries.
What foods are you loving this summer?