Happy Friday!!! Today I’m linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What for the Friday Five link up. Today’s theme is favorites and I’m sharing with you my favorite things that I take on my runs.
- Altra Running Shoes. I can’t say enough good things about these shoes. I LOVE them. I have several pair and switch them out based on what my workout looks like for the day. I love the wide toe box… and so do my ugly bunions!
- SPANDITS! Wearing fun clothes to run in helps you run better (or at least it is my story and I’m sticking to it). I love this brand… the patterns are so much fun and you can customize them! I’m incredibly short, so I can’t buy tights off the rack, when I do, I have to roll them up (see above picture). With SPANDITS! I can specify what inseam my tights should be… no more ankle bulge! If you are interested in trying them out, head over to spandits.com and use code SPANDITSLOVE, be sure to mention that Vicki sent you!
- Pro Compression Socks. I wear these during my long runs, and during recovery too. I love the fun patterns and sock of the month! It is also another little known fact that running in matchy outfits helps you run better.
- Nathan SpeedDraw Plus Handheld. At the beginning of the summer, I upgraded my homemade handheld water bottle to the Nathan handheld. It is easy to carry and fits well in my hand, the adjustable strap keeps it snug. I like the little pocket too… it has room for my key, id, cash, fuel, etc.
- LED Running Belt. I recently got this running belt and it has become my go-to belt. I like that it has a huge pocket, big enough for my huge Note2 + Otterbox with room to spare. It lays flat, and doesn’t bounce. With it getting darker earlier at night, I sometimes am out past dusk. The LED lights are bright and give me some visibility for safety. They are on sale at Amazon for $15.20, you can save 50% with code RCE5FGY8.
What are your favorite things to wear on your runs?