Happy Friday and Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Today I’m linking up with the lovely ladies for the Friday Five 2.0! Today I’m going to share my 5 goals for the Seabrook Lucky Trails Half Marathon.
But before that… enjoy this great video, Border Collies and herding… but with a little twist.
- Run strong. I really don’t have any time goals… I don’t know what to expect. The race website states that the course is slow due to narrow trails and congestion.
- Don’t fall! So for most people this wouldn’t be a goal… but, I’m not most people.
- Take in the scenery… the race is held on the Seabrook nature trails … according to the race website it’s surrounded by a diverse habitat of both fresh and salt marsh, the coastline of the Galveston Bay, wetlands, and wild-life and bird sanctuaries.
- Keep hydrated… the forecasted weather is for a beautiful warm day… starting out in the 60’s with some pretty high humidity, hydration will be important.
- Have fun!! (this is the most important one)
What kind of goals do you make for a race? Are or have you ran any St. Patrick’s Day themed races?