With January in the books, it’s time to take a look at how I am progressing against my 2017 goals and how I did on my January goals. I’m also setting a few goals for February.
- Run my first marathon – Complete – check out the recap here.
- Run 1,200 miles this year – making progress. I ran 87 miles in January.
- Try out trail running- pressed the registration button for an easy trail race in March.
- Half Marathon PR – sub 2:02:38 – more on this later.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink at least 64 oz water/day – A+… I hydrated like a boss!
- Foam roll like it’s my religion… daily – A… I rolled daily up to the marathon… and after each run post marathon.
- Double up on yoga… 2x/week– B-… I made it to yoga 5 times this month, plus 1 at home practice
- Clean up eating… cook own meals, limit junk food and sweets– B-… First part of January was stellar… in the second half, I won’t deny… I indulged in some less than healthy treats, but for the most part I at pretty clean.
- Continue to go to yoga class – at least 1x/week
- Do strengthening exercises 2x/week – e.g.; push-ups, squats, etc.
- Get up in the morning when alarm goes off, no snooze or multiple alarms
- Meditate daily
- Clean and organize my home office
What goals do you have for 2017? Do you make monthly goals?