I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0! This week we’re talking about holiday foods. With Thanksgiving next week… I’m a little behind in planning out what will be on my Thanksgiving table. I’m excited to have my family traveling down from Kansas to celebrate the holiday with me!
- Mashed potatoes… my niece Hannah told me that there MUST be mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. I was surprised that that was the only requirement from my family as far as food goes. I use this recipe from Anne Burrell with great results. I substitute Earth Balance and So Delicious Creamer to make it plant based.
- Mommy’s Mushroom Gravy … from My Beef With Meat. It is so good! I couldn’t find the recipe online, but I did find a video for it.
- Braised Brussels Sprouts. Must.Have.
- Definitely, not a tradition… but this Persimmon and Spinach Salad from Flavor the Moments looks fantastic!
- Carrot Cake … I’m known for 2 dessert recipes, this carrot cake from Beyond Parsley and Baileys Marbled Cheesecake.
What will you have on your Thanksgiving table?