This year is flying by way too fast! It is amazing that it is the beginning of another new month. Time to reflect on my goals for this year, my October goals and look forward to what I want to reach for in November.
Goal: Run 1,000 miles in 2016. I’m getting those miles in. I definitely going to exceed this goal based on my planned runs on my training plan. I got in 109 miles in October … my highest monthly mileage to date.
Goal: Run 4 Half Marathons in 2016. I ran my 4th one this past weekend (look for recap later this week). I am still planning to run a 5th Half Marathon in December, the Santa Hustle in Galveston, so I will exceed this goal. Complete
Goal: Register for and start training for the 2017 Houston Marathon. I’m registered, and I have started training. Complete.
- Make sleep a priority. I am pretty good at getting my sleep, but I know I can improve. I have a habit of staying up too late reading. I need to strive for at least 7 hours of sleep each night. – C… I had too many nights of up past 10pm.
- Limit alcohol consumption. While I don’t drink every day, or even a lot when I do… I think that limiting it even further will help get me to where I need to be. I would like to limit to 4 drinks/week. C … had an A going for the first part of the month, then went camping (camping + beer… hello!).
- Continue with strengthening exercises 2x/week and foam rolling after each run. B … I skipped a few strength sessions the last week of the month, but only failed to foam roll once… these feel like they are becoming habits!
- Yoga – get in a practice at least 1x/week. F… did not get in a single yoga practice all month
- Take care of me. I’ve let my annual health exams fall my the wayside in recent years. I need to get back on track with them. Get that mammogram and well woman exam scheduled! A+ … got those exams scheduled and completed… even scheduled in a self-care day for me.
- Make sleep a priority. Get to bed no later than 10pm.
- Yoga – get in a practice at least 1x/week – buy a class pass to get some “skin in the game”.
- Get the house “company ready” for my Thanksgiving guests.
How are you doing on your 2016 goals? Do you make monthly goals?